Prometheus PRO 336 4-16x 50mm
Please call/email for stock status and lead times before ordering!
The Prometheus Pro is a high-performance, handheld Thermal monocular. The Prometheus Pro can withstand immersion in water up to 20 meters and absorb even the most brutal environmental shocks. The Prometheus Pro features the most advanced system available on the market today, including options like an electronic compass and inclinometer.
Utilizing the latest FLIR TAU-2 technology, the Prometheus Pro is offered in 336x256 or 640x512 pixel formats. These options are further enhanced by professional, military-grade 50mm or 100mm Germanium (Ge) objective lenses, creating a wide variety of optical magnifications and range performance capabilities that the customer can select from. Armasight has introduced a unique dual battery option for the Prometheus Pro that consists of either four 3.0 V DC CR123A batteries or four 1.5VDC AA batteries pre-loaded in a cartridge.
The Prometheus Pro uses a 9-pin multi-pin connector to provide video-in imagery, where there may be a need for map or range-finder display overlays, as well as external power access. The Prometheus Pro has Bluetooth© wireless capabilities and can directly interface with most smart phones, with the potential for engaging a series of current and future applications.
The Prometheus Pro is the ideal tool for scouting and target detection where the ambient environment is oriented for concealment. The Prometheus Pro is also an extremely useful tool for viewing scenes through environmental obscurants such as smoke, haze, fog, or dust.
- Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Information Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – a “Sky/Sea” enhancement – information based environment dependent algorithm that automatically adjusts camera gain and excludes pixels determined to not contain critical information, specifically helpful in scenes with lots of sky or water.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- 24/7 Operation in presence of environmental obscurants (smoke, dust, haze, fog)
- Superior engineering and design from inception to Armasight’s 20/50 standard
- Rugged MIL-STD-810 compliant performance
- Operates on CR123A or AA batteries
- Objective Germanium Lens Options
- TAU-2 17μm Pitch Thermal Sensor
- SVGA 800x600 OLED Display
- Digital Compass
- Digital Inclinometer
- Battery Status Indicator
- Selectable Palettes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Sepia/ OEM Custom/ Other Color Variants
Imaging Filter Algorithms:
– Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
– Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
– Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
– Information Based Histogram Equalization™ (IBHEQ)
– Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
– Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
- Wireless 5-button Remote
- Tracking Digital e-Zoom: 2x / 4x / 8x (640x512 only)
- Still Picture and Video Recording Capability (Mounted DVR Option)
- Made in the USA
|Refresh Rate||30 Hz or 60 Hz (see price difference)|
|Magnification (NTSC/PAL)||1,8x / 2,1x|
|Objective Lens Type||Germanium|
|Type of Focal Plane Array||FLIR Tau 2|
|Pixel Array Format||640x512|
|Pixel Size||17 µm|
|Resolution||0,34 mRad (70 SOA)|
|Display Type||AMOLED SVGA 060|
|Pixel Display Format||800x600|
|Display Brightness||Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels|
|Turn-on Time, max||3 sec|
|Digital Zoom||1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x|
|Digital Angle Cosine Indicator||Yes|
|Battery Status Indicator||Yes|
|Image Palettes||White Hot, Black Hot, Sepia, Fusion, Rainbow, and Rain|
|Analog Input and Output Format (resolution)||PAL (768×574 pixels)/ NTSC (640×480 pixels)|
|Video Recording||Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot|
|Remote Control||Wireless 5-button|
|SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:|
|Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”||Yes|
|Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”||Yes|
|Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”||Yes|
|Linear Automatic Gain Control - “AGC"||Yes|
|Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – “SKY/SEA”||Yes|
|User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC)||Yes|
|Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)||Yes|
|Objective Focal Length||50 mm|
|Field of View (ang.)||12,5° х 10°|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||14 mm|
|Eye Relief||25 mm|
|Focusing Range||5m to inf.|
|Diopter Adjustment Range||±5 diopter|
|Battery||Four CR123A 3V Lithium batteries or four AA 1.5V|
|Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F)||Up to 7 hrs (optional up to 14 hrs)|
|Extended Battery Pack (optional)||Two 18650 rechargeable batteries (3.7V) or four CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage 3.7V max or four standard CR123A 3V Lithium batteries (operational time up to 7 hrs)|
|External Power Supply||6 VDC/ 600mА|
|Operating Temperature||-51° to +57°C (-59° to +134°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-57° to +85°C (-70° to +185°F)|
|Recoil Resistance||0.50 BMG weapon shock and recoil|
|Environmental Rating||Water and Fog-Resistant / Waterproof (optional)|
|Overall Dimensions||197 x 76 x 76 mm (7.5 x 3.0 x 3.0 in)|
|Weight (w/o Batteries)||0.8 kg (1.8 lbs)|
|Warranty on FLIR Detector||10 Years|
|* All data subject to change without notice.|